Welcome



Jewelry has always been a passion for me. I often found myself looking at pieces available for and thinking “why can’t I find what I am looking for!!??”

Jewelry design is literally in my DNA- my grandmother Thursa, who is part Cherokee Indian, spent a lot of her free time spinning webs of dream catchers and intricate beading while telling stories of our ancestors. I incorporated her passion for our heritage with my passion for fashion and the unexpected and Soulful-Lee Yours was born.

I am a mother of 4 and a full time preschool teacher, but you will always find me, in my free time, hunched over my jewelry table or devouring the latest fashion blogs and magazines seeking inspiration. I truly believe nothing makes a woman feel more together than the right piece of jewelry, and it is that belief that fuels my desire to stay on trend and provide my customers with fresh and exciting pieces!
I love what I do and hope to one day make my unique and individual, one of a kind pieces full time! I hope you can feel the love and passion that was put into every piece the team at Soulful-lee yours creates. I am lucky enough to have a very creative team, including my closest friends and sister- we love coming up with new and innovative pieces and we hope that translates in our art! Enjoy!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Soulful-Lee Yours!

Back in 1996 in Bakersfield, Ca- my grandma, ('indian grandma' as I called her) taught me a few basic beading skills. She had such an incredible talent which amazed me, but even better was the passion she had for her art. That touched me more- and sparked my interest in jewelry. I tinkered a bit- but money held me back then.
I reconnected with my love of beading again in 2005, making pieces for myself, not exactly confident enough to share them. My pregnancy somewhat hindered by hobby after that, and didn't pick up any tools for a few more years. I remember giving away all of my supplies- with a little pain in my heart.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and my small motor skills didn't cooperate with me and realized I wouldn't be able to create anymore. I didn't have time I told myself- being a mother of four boys and running a daycare- so I didn't let it phase me. Until in 2009 ,when I went back to Bakersfield to visit indian grandma- who was very ill. Something about that visit changed me. I soon came home, bought some beads and a few tools. And that is how Soulful-Lee Yours Designs started.
We have sold a tremendous amount of pieces, are in two boutiques in Milwaukee and soon will be in a hair salon , had a chance to be a vendor at a fashion runway show at the Calatrava in Milwaukee, have almost 300 fans on our Facebook Fan Page and are listed on 8 websites. I also have 4 beautiful ladies who have joined me on this journey- who each make and create exquisite jewelry. So thank you to Teri Benz, Merry Revenaugh, Wendy Schneider, and Linda Deppert for sharing this experience with me. And thank you to so many people for making my dream come true!

1 comment: